Monday, March 25, 2019

"I" don't exist (25-Mar-2019)

"I"

The first-person singular nominative pronoun, I could not relate anything else with the alphabet I.

I never identified my existence with this alphabet, primarily because 'I' had issues with the articulation of my existence. I am here for a time period, we all are for a limited period, do not we? But this "period"...aah..does this exist?

The past what I have lived is not different from a movie I have watched or story I have heard somewhere. How much of past life do you actually remember? Not even 1%. On the other hand, the future has not come yet and the present is mysterious.

The very moment you realize that you are living in the present, it becomes past. Actual present never happens.

Do you remember that childhood game in which you would ask your friend "touch me" and your friend would end up touching your hand, head, stomach, back etc but not you?
No surprise, 'Ship of Theseus' was my favorite childhood Paradox.

Descartes was a clever man, who famously argued: "I think, therefore I am". But this only proves that the process of thinking is happening, the presence of thoughts does not establish my existence. All thoughts are gathered from other sources, how something gathered at other sources confirms "I EXIST"?

Anupam S Shlok
#Anupamism
www.anupamism.blogspot.com

No comments: