Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Can a man be sexually abused?(24-Apr-2019)

The year 2009, I was learning theater at Shri Ram center, Mandi House, Delhi. It was around 7 in the evening and I was waiting for my friend to join me at #Regal cinema, CP.

A car stopped and a decent woman in her early 40s peeped outside from driver seat and asked: "Rohini mein booking leni hai kya"?

Only thing I uttered was 'hain'?

She looked puzzled and asked, "Are you J"?

"No, I am neither J nor K" was my answer.

She left without saying anything.

My friend reached in some time and told me that the black goggles I was wearing in the evening was a 'hint' for her.

Imagine, if the same incident had happened with a girl?

Interestingly, I never felt harassed about it. We actually laughed over it.

I was constantly sexually abused by an adult neighbor girl when I was 5. Believe me, I never got disturbed by this. I pretend to be a victim in my thoughts but actually, I never felt abused.

How fabulously this society has manipulated us that we men can't be abused? Is this manipulation biological or psychological, I don't know?

My Ex-GF literally blackmailed me for a 'last thing' when we broke up because she was always stealing money from my wallet.

Yeah, I feel silly but not abused.

Anupam S. Shlok
#Anupamism
www.anupamism.blogspot.com

No comments: