Monday, June 29, 2020

Rejection (24th June 2020)

You are never #rejected in an #interview by a company, you are rejected by the individuals.

And sadly, Individuals are #flawed.

I remember going for an interview for a company called Pilot Industries Ltd. The HR Head grilled me for 2 hours, spoke of everything in the world, we discussed Salary, joining, and all the other formalities.

Later he made me meet one of the promoters from the family, this guy asked me a simple but #meaningful question "What is your name"?

He did not ask me another question, thanked me for coming and that's it, I was rejected.

Perhaps he did not like my Shirt color/pattern, CV font, or perhaps my #Brahmin Surname. In these cases, views of the HR Head did not matter.

Some Interviewers are #racist, some are #sadists, some hate one #gender and some are idiots. And yeah some of them are simply flag bearer of #Nepotism.

Never get hurt for any rejection because people who are rejecting you are not capable to judge you, at times they interview you for some absolutely irrelevant role.

Nevertheless, It is the Interviewers' responsibility to create an environment of ease while interviewing. If you feel tortured and tensed after an Interview, guys, these guys don't deserve you. Come back later, when these idiots are dead.

Anupam S Shlok
#Anupamism

No comments: