Thursday, April 19, 2018

Recruiters or Keywords Searchers (18-Apr-2008)

The recruiter from that company asked this Marketing champ,"Who is the Father of Modern Marketing"? This guy humbly responded, "Madam, Sorry but I don't know." "Ok, we'll get back to you if you are shortlisted for the next round." she uttered and disconnected. "hahaha, this guy is having 20 years of experience and does not know basic things, I don't know who is paying him 60 lakhs," she told her co recruiter while laughing loudly. The humble guy called the CEO of Recruiter's company, " Hey Ajay, your recruiter called me, I showed interest but I think she rejected me" "What are you saying Sunil, if you agree to take Chief Marketing Officer's Role with us, I can extend our Budget to 1cr + Profit sharing. We all know you are the best in the industry. Please join us." Ajay was excited while saying this. "I'll definitely think of it yaar" Sunil promised before disconnecting. Believe me, most of the recruiters have no clue about the business. Take back those well-drafted keywords from Job descriptions and they are dead. Does it make sense that a Non-Engineer, rejects an Engineer based on a 3 minutes telecon in which Non- Engineers asks 5 Technical questions (Copied from Google search)? Have you come across those Recruiters? Share your experience. Anupam S Shlok #Anupamism

No comments: