Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Circus called Interview(13-Dec-2017)



I remember recruiting my plant head, 50+-year-old guy, extremely humble, knew the industry & product thoroughly.I had a pretty positive interaction with him then I requested my COO to meet him.

"Let Rahul meet him once. If he says Ok, ill meet him" he responded.

Rahul was a recent recruit 24-year-old from one of the NIT, a pretty decent guy with 2 years experience with some IT company. COO liked him from the first day.

But was he capable of interviewing this old pal and eventually 'Rejecting' him?

Do you agree "Interviews are torture sometimes", Not because candidates are not prepared but because Interviewers are 'Sick, Insane, Sadist, Dumb'.

I used to sit with an Interesting character for Interviews, HOD of a department,55+. He had a pet question "What is Multiplying factor" No matter how well your interview has gone , if you could not answer this you are rejected. Or no matter how dumb you are if you know this, your recruitment is approved by him.

I have seen "Terrorist sitting as Interviewer" literally abusing candidates, terrorizing them. They are not Interested in what candidate know, only interested in teaching what they know.

Anupam S Shlok

P.S. Dont treat people as shit. Its OK if you dont recruit them but make Interview process happy & cheerful

No comments: