Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Companies are heartless (15-Dec-2017)


I got a call from a consultant hired by Shapoorji Pallonji Group. They wanted my views on a senior guy they hired from my company. I asked them to mail me the details they want, generally, the way reference check happens.

They never mailed me and I never replied to them.Why would I reply to someone unknown asking information about my ex-employee?They tried some more time before they stopped calling.

Two days later, I received a call for a job opportunity for some MNC starting operations in India. Profile, role, money all looked excellent. A couple of days later we met at a hotel in Gurgaon. The first question after "tell me about yourself" was "What are your views about that ex-employee of yours".

"I was trapped"

I took a day off, I spent 2000 bucks for the taxi. Eventually to realize I was made fool. All the drama was to gather information about that ex-employee of mine. I left the place without saying a single word.

While coming back I played "Apna kaam banta, bhaad me jaaye janta" song thrice.

From that day onwards I made sure no one known to me join Shapoorji Pallonji International


Anupam S Shlok

P.S. - Absolute true event.

No comments: