Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Great capabilities = Great career, is a lie (6-Dec-2017)

Great #Capabilities = Great #Career , is a lie

We both were drunk, revealing #secrets. He was one of the #overpaid guys in my company.

Out of nowhere the secret came from him in broken English "I got into "XYZ" B-School by paying money. They played with #CAT score, my score was changed with someone else's score"

Whatever he achieved in his career it was directly or Indirectly because of the B-School tag he had. For me, he was just an average but a tactful guy. He had B-School #alumni sitting in all the Top companies, so getting a job wasn't a great deal.

A good B-School + name of some 'Big' companies in the CV. What else you would ask for?

Does he know the job?

Aah any individual with average #IQ would do the same, degree or without a degree. A number of years of #experience gives an obvious growth, plus companies invest decently in #training people.
He is now HOD of his department for one of the MNC. He just needs to delegate his work to the #team under him. Some of his team members are more capable than him but they don't have the degree to justify their capabilities.

His favorites pet statement to his subordinates is "Don't bring me #problems, bring me #solutions.”

Do you know someone like him?
Anupam
#Anupamism

P.S. - Don't ask me the name of that B-School.

No comments: