Friday, March 2, 2018

I am sorry job-seekers (October 2017)



I never realized that I was such an important person for 1000s. This moment of job seeking has changed the complete perspective of HR function within me. I thought all these years that I was a decent HR professional but I was not.

My phone would ring all day & night, and I would not pick 80 % calls. Yes, I was busy most of the times but I never thought of giving callbacks when free. I was so careless while dealing with job seekers who perhaps saw hopes in me, needed me desperately.I remember not replying to the emails of those who attended interviews because I found giving feedbacks to all of them was really really exhaustive.

Yes, I was in a harsh industry, where you get 200 calls each day and every morning your outlook mailbox downloads 100 emails needing a response . It looked tough then but looks laziness now.

I did not do justice to what I was capable of, I could have helped a lot more people who wanted me to entertain them.I could have worked one hour extra every day. Small friendly conversations if hiring was not possible would have made them feel better.

This all I have realized when I am on this side of the table as a job seeker. :)

Anupam S Shlok
#Anupamism

P.S - I am sorry and I mean it guys.

No comments: