Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Humanity is Hungry(8-May-2018)

Let me tell you a joke.

Early morning, in a rural village of an African country, a wife is whispering to her husband "Did you just see our neighbour? Has she gained some weight? Oh my god. How is she getting this much of Food"?

I heard this joke from some stand-up comedian, perhaps some TV program or Youtube.

I did not know how to react. A bit of 'me' died the moment I started thinking about it again & again. Imagine you cut a lemon with a sharp knife and from the same knife, without cleaning it, you cut an apple. Take a bite of that apple. How would you define the taste?

Yes, this "joke" is a slap on Humanity, we have failed miserably in making this world a just place. 35% Americans are obese. Have you heard of Haiti, where 75% population live on less than 2 dollars per day, where children are surviving on one meal per day?

Have you planned to give a Diamond to your wife on her birthday? Believe me, Diamonds are nothing but a Marketing gimmick. Do you want to have something which is "Forever"? Postpone your idea to buy a diamond, rather in a small % of that money, feed any two hungry kids every day for a year, see them smiling. I promise you that this smile will remain with you forever, and your Wife will be Proud of you :-) 

#HumanityIsHungry

Anupam S Shlok
#Anupamism

No comments: