Monday, May 21, 2018

Perception sucks (21-May-2018)

"#India is becoming #Pakistan" 

this used to be my first thought whenever I used to visit #Muslim dominating areas. The reason was Pakistani Flags. I would always find Pakistani flags in those areas. I was mature enough to not to judge whole community, but it remained a concern until I reached the truth. 

Those flags were never Pakistani flags, those flags are simply Islamic flags like Hindus have saffron flags. Those flags have religious value rather love for an "enemy" nation. Pakistan's flag has an additional white portion attached to it where Islamic flag is all green. I regretted for a decent time for my foolishness.

Often we judge people for all the wrong reasons because we are lazy to reason and analyse the facts presented to us and in hurry to have a perception. Heard of gestalt psychology? The mind forms a global whole with self-organizing tendencies.

#Perception is such an overrated word. "Sabke apne Nazriye hote hain cheezon ke dekhne ke" has become a central philosophy of Pseudo-intellectuals. Why can't I live without having a perception of "everything".

Do you have a perception of "How this universe came into existence"? Whatever is your perception, believe me, its wrong. I feel amazed about the universe but without having any Perception.

Anupam S Shlok
#Anupamism

No comments: